Hosted the 23rd – 26th November 2022 at Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport, Czech Republic
Organised by the Department of Turistika, Outdoor Sports and Outdoor Education, the 10th International Mountain and Outdoor Sports Conference invite experts and students from universities, leaders and trainers from (inter)national federations, policy and decision-makers to take part in the conference.
The organisers invite young educators, scientists and practitioners to share their research and practice, and discuss their experiences amongst internationally recognised experts. The best contributions will be nominated for the Young Investigators Award – more information here.
The latest official announcement provides information on the feedback received so far and the date for the call for abstracts which is postponed until 4th September 2022:
“Dear friends and colleagues,
We are proud to organize 10th International Mountain and Outdoor Sports Conference held from Wednesday 23rd to Saturday 26th November 2022 in Prague. The conference has received excellent feedback and reviews because:
- it is not a mega event but a middle-size gathering where you have a chance to meet, get to know each other and even find a common project
- it has an informal atmosphere supporting discussions and mutual learning
- it is attended by people from different parts of the field – practitioners, teachers, researchers, policy makers, managers and leaders of outdoor organisations
- it is a learning opportunity for young students and volunteers
We are happy that many excellent speakers have submitted their abstracts. To see the list of current speakers, please visit our website. However, we have received many requirements to postpone the abstract submission deadline for all topics.
- Outdoor education in formal and non-formal environments
- Outdoor, mental and physical health
- Outdoor sports and sustainability
- Careers in outdoor activities
- Training and testing in climbing
- Ethics and the Outdoors
The abstract submission has been postponed till 4th September 2022. Please visit our website to see details for abstract submission and participation.“