The Sport strand of the Erasmus+ programme (2021-2027) aims to support projects focusing on grassroots sport and supporting the European dimension of sport. This funding is available to public or private structures with sport-related activities.
New mobility opportunities for the sports sector
This action aims to contribute to the development of sport organisations by supporting the learning mobility of their staff. The participating organisations should actively promote inclusion and diversity, environmental sustainability, digital education and active participation through their activities. They should do so by using the specific funding opportunities provided by the Programme for these purposes, by raising awareness among their participants, by sharing best practices, and by choosing appropriate design for their activities.
The general objective of this action is to give the opportunity to staff of sport organisations, primarily in grassroots sports, to improve their competences, qualifications and acquire new skills through learning mobility by spending a period of time abroad, thus contributing to the capacity-building and development of sport organisations.
Specifically, mobility projects in the field of sport aim to:
- Focus on grassroots sport, taking into account the important role that sport play in promoting physical
Activity and a healthy lifestyle, interpersonal relations, social inclusion and equality;
- Develop the European dimension in sport and international cooperation in the field of learning mobility in sport;
- Build capacity of grassroots organisations;
- Improve the knowledge and know-how of sport staff;
- Promote common European values through sport, good governance and integrity in sport, sustainable development, as well as education, training and skills in and through sport.
- Promote active and environment-friendly lifestyle and active citizenship;
- Establish European networks of sport staff.
The following activities are supported:
- Job shadowing and observation periods (2-14 days)
- Coaching or training assignments (15-60 days)
The financial support covers minimal organisational support, travel, subsistence costs and extra costs associated to the mobility (defined by the programme). The funding is unit costs based and limited to max 10 participants/ application or organisation.
Between one and two calls will be organised by the national managing authority for this new action, with the following application dates.
For the countries having two deadlines:
- 23 February for mobilities likely to start in the second half of 2023
- 4 October ) for mobilities starting in the first half of 2024.
To submit your application
Applications must be submitted via the following platform: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/app-forms/af-ui-opportunities/#/erasmus-plus
For more information dowload the new Erasmus+ programme guide or get in touch with the national Erasmus+ agency in charge of sport your country