From 18 to 21 September 2018, the EUROPARC conference was held in Scotland. On this occasion, an memorandum of understanding was signed between Europarc and Enos, regarding enhancing cooperation on responsible outdoor sports in european protected areas.
Both Parties recognise that:
- Protected Areas are the repositories of humanity’s natural and cultural heritage and a key tool to achieve biodiversity conservation
- Outdoor sports practiced in natural environments have a strong positive effect on practitioners’ physical and mental health
- Outdoor sports strongly contributes to the role of Protected Areas as promoters of territorial socio-economic development and sustainable green jobs creation
- Outdoor sports practitioners should respect the environment to ensure sustainability and biodiversity conservation
- Outdoor sports practitioners can raise awareness on environmental issues and become good ambassadors for nature protection